Getting a toned, flat stomach and a strong core doesn’t have to mean spending an hour sweating through a long list of ab exercises. In fact, when you have the right moves (like the ones below!), all you need to do is set aside 10 minutes a day for your midsection to see results.
Grab a mat and put your core to work with these powerful, tummy-tighteners.
1. MOUNTAIN CLIMBER
What it works: abs, back, legs, arms
1. Start in a push-up position, hands flat on the floor and below your shoulders, legs extended behind you. Your body should be straight.
2. Bend your right leg and bring it in toward your chest, then straighten it and return to starting position. Repeat with your left leg.
3. Alternating legs, slowly do as many as you can for 60 seconds, making sure to keep your hips and butt low.
2. LONG ARM CRUNCH
What it works: abs, waist
1. Start on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Focus on using your abs to lift your upper body off the floor as you straighten your arms and bring your hands together (like an arrow pointing to the center of your legs).
2. Keep things basic by going straight up and down, or turn things up a notch by working your obliques: Reach to the left side, then back to the center, then to the right side and back to the center.
3. Repeat for 30 seconds, rest, then do another 30-second set.